To view and/or pay your tax bill online, go to the Treasurer Home page and scroll down to the View Tax Bill Tab or Pay Taxes Online Tab.

For assessment, property description, multiplier, exemption questions and address changes contact the Supervisor of Assessments Office at 618-664-2848.

For tax rate, tax levy and delinquent tax questions contact the County Clerk’s office at 618-664-0449.

For tax billing and payment questions contact the County Treasurer’s office at 618-664-0618.

1. When is each installment due?

Installment dates are approximately 30 days after mailing for the 1st installment date with the 2nd installment date being 60 days after the 1st installment date.  Click here for Important Tax Dates for current year.

The first installment must be paid before the second installment can be paid.

2. Can I pay both installments at once?

The entire bill may be paid at one time up to the first installment date without any penalty.  If the entire bill is paid anytime after the first installment date there will be penalty added even if paid before the second installment due date.

3. Where can I pay my taxes?

You may pay your taxes at most banks in Bond County during the bank’s normal business hours. Take your entire statement(s) to the bank with you. Banks cannot accept any payments after the 2nd Installment due date.

You may pay by mail. Mail the appropriate payment stub(s) and your payment to Bond County Collector, 206 W Main St Greenville, IL  62246; retain the upper portion of the bill for your records. Your cancelled check will be your receipt.

You may pay in person at the Bond County Treasurer’s Office: 206 W Main St Greenville, IL  62246, 8:00am – 4:00pm Monday through Friday except on holidays.

You may pay by credit card or e-check online at  Fees do apply.  A convenience fee of 2.5% plus a transaction fee of $1.50 for credit/debit card.  A transaction fee of $2.00 for each e-check.  Fees are not retained by the county.

You may drop your payment in our secure drop box located outside our office at 206 W Main St Greenville IL.

You may use your online banking payment to send us a payment.  Please include your parcel number on the memo.

4. What if I cannot pay my taxes by the statutory due dates?

A penalty is effective after each installment due date(s) pursuant to State Statutes. Penalty is added at a rate of 1½% per month/effective on the first day following each due date. Parts or fractions of month will be considered as a whole month. Upon mailing delinquent notices $10.00 will be added to each tax bill for certified letter/ publication cost. If you are late, you may still pay your taxes and penalties up until the tax sale date. On the date of the tax sale, your taxes (not your property) will be offered and sold to a tax buyer who will then pay your taxes for you. You will then be liable for the tax amount and penalties sold at the tax sale plus cost and interest at the rate determined by the sale. In most cases, you have two years to redeem your taxes before the tax buyer can pursue taking deed to your property.

5. How do I pay taxes after the due dates?

To redeem (pay) your back taxes, contact the County Clerk’s Office at 618-664-0449 and ask for the redemption amount.  You will need to know your parcel identification number.  Payment for back taxes must be by cashier check, money order or cash.  Personal checks can not be accepted.

6. What is my parcel identification number (PIN)?

Your PIN number, parcel identification number or permanent property number, identifies your particular piece of property. It is located on your tax bill in the upper right in the Parcel ID box. If you need this number, contact our office at 618-664-0618 with your name and property address and we can provide you with a PIN number. You can also find this information online at

7.  I haven’t received my tax bill yet. When will I get it?

If it is within 30 days of the 1st installment date and you have not received your bill, call the County Treasurer’s Office at 618-664-0618.  Click here for Important Tax Dates.

8. What if I do not receive a bill?

If you do not receive a bill, it is your responsibility to contact our office to get a duplicate bill. Failure to receive a tax bill, or receiving one late for any reason, will not relieve the taxpayer from paying taxes or late payments.

9. What if I receive a bill that is not my responsibility to pay?

If a mortgage company is to pay your bill, you should forward the bill to them. If you no longer own the property and you know the name and address of the new owner/taxpayer, please forward the bill to them. The bill can also be returned to our office along with a note giving us any information that you may have regarding the name/address for the correct taxpayer. Upon receipt of the bill we will make every effort to get the bill to the correct taxpayer.

10. What do I do if I believe my tax bill is incorrect?

The County Treasurer’s office at 618-664-0618 has information pertaining to the actual tax bill amount. The County Clerk’s office at 618-664-0449 can answer questions about various tax rates and levies.  The Supervisor of Assessments at 618-664-2848 can offer assistance related to the filing of assessment complaints and the following exemptions: The Homeowners Occupancy Exemption, The Senior Citizens Homestead Exemption, The Senior Citizens Assessment Freeze Exemption, the Homestead Improvements Exemption, and the Disabled Veterans Exemption. Check your bill(s) to see if you have been given credit for the exemptions that you’re entitled to.  Some of the exemptions require paperwork and signature every year.  If you believe exemptions are missing, contact the Supervisor of Assessments Office at 618-664-2848.

11. I need to change the mailing address on my property tax bill.

The back of the installment coupons has an address change form on them.  You can also email or mail a signed paper with an address change request to the Treasurer’s  Assessor’s office.   Mailing address is 206 W Main St  Greenville, IL  62246.  Email address are or